Monday 24 February 2014

Beauty| Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Créme

For the past few months I have been looking for a decent moisturiser that actually makes a difference to my skin. After trialling and testing a number of drugstore products ranging from Sanctuary to Olay and none being exactly life changing I decided to splash a little more (or a lot more) cash on a high end moisturiser that may well be the miracle product I've been searching for.

The Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Créme is a light gel-based moisturiser that radiates the skin and both feels and appears hydrating. I stumbled upon this when getting colour-matched for a foundation at a Chanel counter where the lady used this as a base. The instant cooling effect was enough to win me over, creating a sense of relaxation and rejuvenation that made my skin feel instantly restored and almost too soft to touch. 

This miracle product is made up of a number of key ingredients that ensures that this moisturiser delivers a sense of freshness when still intensely hydrating the skin. The first being, of course, Chanel's trademark Camellia flower that enables hydration with it's incredible moisture-retaining powers that restores any dry or lifeless skin to a healthy glow. This product also used the power of Blue Ginger which aids to protect the skins appearance with its antioxidant power that helps to control and prevent oxidation of the skin. 

A moisturiser that is best suited for Oily/Combination skin the light but rich, hydrating gel really soaks in whilst  delivering the epitome of freshness with an amazing, uplifting smell of an abundance of fruit and flowers that make even the dullest of skins or even moods feel rejuvenated. If you don't like fragrant products this product probably won't be for you. Perfect for all year round this product seems more of an investment then an item of skin care. Once applied my skin feels smooth and soft even after a foundation application - a quality that is often a rarity with cheaper moisturisers. A little bit goes a long way making the painstaking price of £50 slightly more justified. 

The only negative of this product being that it doesn't bode well with most primers and instead works better with serums, a minor set back for some but when I have a couple of primers on standby that I'm desperate to use but can't to avoid an overly moistened base, this can be quite annoying. Although I am impressed with this product I am not sure I would repurchase it again as for the high end price I wasn't blown away with its performance and feel that there may be just as good out there for a more affordable price tag. 

Let me know what you think in the comments.
What's your favourite moisturiser?



1 comment:

  1. this looks lovely! I love the REN evercalm global protection day cream
    also, I've given you the Liebster award! www.nellyandnoopy.wordpress.com xx

    ReplyDelete