Wednesday 5 February 2014

Fashion| OOTD

Today me and a new fellow blogger, Katie from Black Trackk, went out to take a few snaps of what we were wearing. Make sure to check her blog out as her post will be going up later today and if you're lovers of gold jewellery and tartan, you won't be disappointed. 

I'll apologise now for the not-so-great lighting and muddy background but living in England, brightness and sunshine is a rarity, as depressing as that sounds.  This is just an example of a really casual, daytime outfit that ticks all the boxes when it comes to comfortable but confident. Some of you may recognise the jumper below as I won it in a competition on Hollie's blog, Give Me More. I was absolutely chuffed to win and as soon as the package arrived this morning I set to work trying to find some of my own clothes that would go along with the lovely jumper to make a cute outfit.
You can grab your own Ellesse Ski Jumper from ASOS for £40 and I'll tell you now it's cosy, warm and perfect for the blustery weather. I teamed this with a denim shirt from Primark which I bought last year for just under £10. I'm a massive fan of the collar look and thought the light denim colour, contrasted with the Navy blue on the jumper really help to do one another justice. 

I then added a Chunky Chain Choker with a block of gold at the centre to break up the blue as well as add detail. I purchased this from Topshop for £8, slightly excessive for something that feels plastic but it does the job. I also had my nails painted in Essie's 'Shearling Darling' a lovely deep browny-red  colour which, although I didn't apply for the purpose of this outfit, worked because of the deep, sultry colour. I will be doing a blog post soon on all my Essie Nail Polish's so watch this space! 

Last of all, I added a pair of black leggings from Primark and black leather boots from River Island, a  Christmas present but I believe they were priced at £60 on ASOS. Black knee high boots are a staple in my A/W wardrobe as I found them to be flattering yet diligent and most have lasted me ages. I especially love the gold detailing and I pretty much wear these with every outfit, boring I know but they just go with everything! 

Hope you guys like this post. I know this is different to my usual Beauty based reviews but may do some more OOTD's in the future.
Comment below what you think.
What style have you been loving?

7 comments:

  1. Love the jumper! Definitely agree, it looks great with the demin shirt. x
    That Looks Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I'm so happy you like it! Tweeted you :)

    Hollie x
    holliefurniss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the outfit and the gold accent necklace. Love your ootd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted this sweater since I first clapped eyes on it before christmas, love how you've styled it too. Cute blog!

    http://franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit is adorable :) great blog xx
    regina-rosecoxen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that jumper! Im a new blogger too. I was wondering how you got so many followers so fast?
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete