Saturday 1 February 2014

Make Up| Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

Another day and another review about one of my all time favourite foundations and the one I'm currently using and have been for almost two months now. This is the Urban Decay Naked Skin a lightweight, liquid foundation that has definitely found its way into my heart. This was a product that I bought on that rare occasion where I spend money on something even though I have read zero reviews about it and I'm pleased to say I was pleasantly surprised. If someone says 'Urban Decay' I think their beautiful Naked eyeshadow palettes or their eye primers that everyone and their mum seems to have but never a decent foundation that creates a beautiful, flawless complexion. I bought mine in the shade 2.0 a fairly light colour with a slight yellowy undertone which matches my skin perfectly and doesn't make me look discoloured like most foundations do with an obvious undertone. The coverage is definitely medium but easily build-able especially when buffed evenly into the skin. It has a fairly runny consistency which scared me at first as I was worried it would make me appear overly-shiny  but luckily it just creates an even, illuminated look with a semi-matte finish. 

I do find the formula hydrating which is definitely an added bonus in these wintery months and it doesn't cling to any dry patches that your skin may have meaning it's perfect for any skin type. As you can see the bottle claims it to be 'weightless', a description that I can definitely agree with. Once applied to the skin it feels light and natural, a quality that I look for as there's nothing worst then when it feels like the product is just sitting on your skin. It's long lasting and so promises a flawless complexion all day. Priced at £27 for a decent-sized, attractive-looking, 30ml bottle it's not too expensive but having difficult, temperamental skin, I never like to scrimp and save on a foundation and I would say this is most definitely worth the money.


Let me know what you think in the comments.
What's your go-to foundation?
xx

7 comments:

  1. Great post! At the moment I use the Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation. But my all time favourite is Clarins Extra Firming Foundation - it's amazing.

    I've nominated for for a Liebster Award - check out my blog post to find out more :)

    http://zoflo.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award_1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the packaging of this, the UD naked collection is perfect. My go-to foundation is the Benefit Hello Flawless foundation, it's so lightweight and creates a build-able even coverage x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pricey, but the Urban Decay Naked line is :( although i'm sure it's worth it. I love the packaging, it's so classy and high-end looking!

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been pretty curious about this foundation for ages simply because I havn't come across any reviews for it either. Glad you're liking it though. Do you think it would stay long lasting on oily skin types? I'm forever trying to find yellow under-toned foundations and they are definitely hard to find with everything being orangey or pinky, annoying! Hope you're having a lovely day :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like you; when I hear Urban Decay I instantly think of their eye make up, so I've never tried their foundation - great post! Sidenote - where are those lovely candles in the background from!? (I'm assuming their candles?!) x

    withalittpixiedust.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're decently priced online!
      All details are in a previous post here
      http://nailsandteapots.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/lifestyle-our-own-candle-company.html

      xx

      Delete