Friday 4 April 2014

Tips and Tricks For Some All Important Beauty Sleep

As much as us Beauty Bloggers like to believe that Make Up and a good Skincare regime is the key to a beautiful appearance and complexion, there is one really important contributor that can help anyone look and feel fresh faced, glowing and most importantly alive and this is a decent nights sleep. I was recently contacted by a lovely lady from HSN who alerted me to one of their publications '4 Overnight Beauty Products You Should Be Using' written by their very own Carly Woods, which states four different points involving four different products that can help you achieve a relaxing, rejuvenating night sleeps enabling you to feel as fresh as a daisy the following day. I encourage you all to go and check out this post (to be redirected to the correct page click on the link above) as there really is some great advice along with amazing products that can help anyone wake up ready to face the day. As their post states:

'When it comes to beauty sleep, I think we generally fall into two categories; those who have managed 8 hours of sleep a night and those who haven’t. For the ones who haven’t, they consequently have to do a darn good job faking it.' 

I most definitely fall into the latter category and really do struggle sleeping most nights meaning I often miss out on my healthy eight hours. Therefore I have developed a few tips and tricks of my own to go hand in hand with those of Carly's, so you can start achieving that all important Beauty Sleep.
1. An Eye Mask
Cheap and simple, this item helps to eliminate all sources of light that can act as distraction when trying to get some shut eye and isolates the eyes and mind meaning you can start conjuring up some sweet dreams. As much as this could be argued, isn't a beauty product, if it wasn't for this little beauty, I'd be accessorising my Mascara with dark, under eye circles for days. 



2. Scented Candles
Any avid readers of blog would know that I am no stranger to the sweet, sensual smell of a candle. I'm currently loving fragrances that Our Own Candle Company has to offer (review here) and there's nothing more that helps me relax and wind down after a long day then the soft, warm smell of a burning candle. Once blown out the smell still lingers meaning my senses are succumbed to the scent and my mind can relax as my subconscious is gently swept away by the likes of Blueberry Pie. 


3. The All Important Moisturiser
The main reason I purchased the Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Créme (review here) was because of the cool, refreshing feeling it produced on my skin once applied. This is a great addition to my skincare regime especially when we are coming into these Summery months as it manages to cool down the skin, especially  in a warm bedroom, ensuring complete relaxation, a quality we most definitely need for sleeping.  Being that it is also a moisturiser ensures that your skin is also being hydrated whilst you sleep, meaning lovely refreshed, younger-looking skin is there to greet you in the morning. When I lay in bed after an application, it honestly feels like my face is post-facial and I begin to enter a coma of complete and utter bliss. 
4. A Good Book
I honestly feel there is nothing more relaxing then lying in bed, after a long day, with a good book. This is the ultimate way to wind down ready for a good nights sleep. Turn off the laptop, put the phone on silent and unplug the telly, a good book is exactly what you need for a subtle piece of entertainment before ones sleep. Occupy your mind right from when the book is opened to long after it's closed meaning you can drift away into a tantalising dream world where no one can find you until the following morning. 

I hope my additional tips helped. Please let me know in the comments if you checked out '4 Overnight Beauty Products You Should Be Using' and if you liked what you saw check out their  newly revamped Skincare Page where you can find out even more information on said products, make a purchase or an even bigger list of more tips and tricks at your fingertips. 

Thank you for reading!
What tips do you have for a good nights sleep?











3 comments:

  1. A nice bath and having the evening to unwind always helps me sleep, I'm in my final year at the moment at university and surviving on average of five hours! I can't wait to finish uni and sleep forever, my eyebags are huge at the moment! Xx
    www.touchscreensandbeautyqueens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have trouble sleeping at night so I'll definitely be keeping some of these tips in mind!
    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such a good idea, I live with my boyfriend now so sharing a bed is the worse situation for a good nights sleep - we're actually investing in a king sized bed so we can sleep better!!

    Stevie
    VintageAndVans

    ReplyDelete