Tuesday 10 February 2015

Tom Ford Matte Lip Colour in Pussycat

My lipstick collection has only really started to expand within the past year or so. Prior to this, I was much more drawn to glossier-than-gloss lip glosses (how many times can I say gloss in one sentence). So I am quite aware that this matte lip product is on the complete opposite end of the scale. Tom Ford lipsticks, for me, signify the epitome of luxury. The gold plated edges, weighted feel, square form and of course the satisfying, *click* from the magnet that locks the product shut. I really cannot fault the packaging in the slightest. The formula of this is mega creamy, applies heavenly and gives an incredible coverage - so take note - this is not sheer! I'm always slightly apprehensive when wearing lipsticks with a matte finish as although the longevity of the product will always be arguably decent, I cannot stand formulas that feel drying. You know the ones, those lipsticks that mean you have to spend the next five days applying copious amounts of Carmex to make up for that 'perfect' pout. Yet, surprisingly, the formula on the Tom Ford lipsticks are not drying at all but instead have a particular velvet feel that means you can look good wearing your mattes and feel good too! The particular shade  I chose is 04 Pussycat, this being mainly because I felt if I was going to splash a ridiculous amount of cash onto one product (£37 - eek!), I want to at least get a colour that is fairly unique. I know what you're probably thinking and yes, it's just pink. Yet, the muted, pink shade with hints of plum and a cool undertone looks absolutely beautiful once applied on the lips and creates a colour that I find to be pretty much unique in my collection. Therefore, other then the high price tag (that I'm still cringing over) I find this lipstick almost faultless. 

What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
What is your most luxurious lip product?


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour! Love these Tom Ford lipsticks.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a Tom Ford lippy in my life, and that shade looks absolutely gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lipstick looks gorgeous! The colour looks a lot lighter in the swatch than the bullet does but I actually prefer the swatched colour :) I don't think I could bring myself to spend that much on a lipstick though - I'm a poor student, haha! Great review lovely.

    Caitlin Crawford
    - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a great lipstick. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shade, I adore TF lipsticks!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so beautiful!!
    chantelle | chanbelle

    ReplyDelete