Sunday 15 March 2015

MAC Cinderella Collection with Swatches

So as you can probably tell judging by the overload of photos, I am seriously in love with this collection. After staying up all night waiting for the online launch last Friday, (Damn you MAC for not telling us the release times), you can only imagine how frantic I was when it finally hit the site just before 10am. I was kinda expecting a Midnight release time as that would have only be fitting with the theme but oh well! I am pretty sure I managed to get everything into my basket, check out and pay, in under a minute. It's very serious business this MAC malarky. I already knew exactly what I want and surprisingly I was more drawn to the pigments and powders rather than the lipsticks and glosses. That isn't to say that I didn't pick up both lipsticks because of course I did. I seriously cannot resist those bullets especially in limited edition pearlescent blue packaging. So here is a quick rundown and first impressions of the products I picked up.

The Beauty Powder in Mystery Princess (£23) is a really gorgeous milky-champagne, highlighting shade that reminds me a lot of The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer with less shimmer. This is such a lovely shade that catches the light beautifully and really adds a flawless filter-like finish to the skin. Then comes the sister product, the Beauty Powder in Coupe D'Chic (£23) which, although I wasn't too fussed about before, has quickly become one of my favourite products from the collection. This is an ultra-shimmer, subtle-pink powder that although hasn't necessarily been advertised as a blush, is honestly quickly become one of my favourites that I know I'll be reaching for a lot in S/S. I was apprehensive about the glitter in the product as although I'm all for looking like a Disney princess, I'm not into looking like a Barbie princess but the shimmer instead added an absolutely amazing highlight that looks incredible when photographed and has already bagged a load of compliments. 

Next up is the Stroke of Midnight Palette (£38.50) which I think is my up-most favourite product from the collection. Every single shade in this palette is wearable and I strongly urge anyone with green or blue eyes to check the shades out as they will really accentuate the eye colour. Luckily, for anyone that couldn't get their hands on this palette, 5/6 of the shades contained are actually available in the permanent collection (Vapour, Phloof, Omega, Quarry, Satin Taupe) and it is just the iridescent, deep purple shade (Stroke of Midnight), that is limited edition. I have used this palette every single day since I got it and although there is only 6 shades, the possibilities of looks is really endless. I am so happy that Omega is in this palette as I didn't own this previously and find it a great multi-purpose product that I am especially loving as a contour shade for my pale skin. 

I also picked up the Pigment in Pretty It Up (£18.50) which as you can see by the swatch above, is a really beautiful olive-gold loose pigment that I seriously cannot wait to use. I am fairly new to Pigments but the ones I do own, I love and find them perfect to add impact to any look. I also picked up the Glitter in Reflects Pearl (£18.50) which I have already used a few times to add a little bit of something to the inner-third of my lid, on top of the more neutral shades from the palette and already I am in love! As well as this, I also bit the bullet and bought the Fluidline in Macroviolet (£17). This is also available in the permanent collection but I couldn't resist the Limited Edition packaging - it is a curse! I am still yet to try this but I have found myself really leaning to purple hued products due to having green eyes. 

Finally here comes probably the most popular products from the whole collection which are the lipsticks. I picked up both shades - Royal Ball and Free as a Butterfly (£17). Each of these shades have a Lustre finish which although isn't usually my favourite, still looks beautiful all the same. Free as a Butterfly is a serious nude that really only caters for people with really pale skin as it will wash out any skin tones that are darker. Royal Ball is also a neutral but with a more pinky-twist that is a really great lipsticks for easy, on-the-go application. I also bought the Lipglass in Happily Ever After (£16), which I purchased partly because of the name and partly because I was intrigued about the blue glitter laced throughout the pink. This is really beautiful and still fairly subtle despite the bluey-tones and looks great when applied on top of Royal Ball.

If you would like to see some of these products in action, check out my MOTD post here. I apologise for the volume of text, I am still seriously excited about this collection and honestly love each and every product, even more than I thought I would initially. If you can get hold of anything from this collection, I strongly urge you to!
Let me know what you think.
What's your favourite thing from this collection?

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so jealous! I want it all, the packaging is just gorgeous.

    Shannon Rebecca | Blogger & YouTuber <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very iffy on this collection. I didn't really see anything new that WOWED me. But I didn't see the Beauty powders! I didn't know they had these. May have to check these out, because they're gorgeous! Gorgeous photography as well :)

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com / creative + lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. agh i want everything here. really love those matte eyeshadow colours!

    Aine Oh

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG u got so much I'm soooo Jealous!!! I got the lipsticks and lip glasses but really regret not getting more especially after seeing this lol x
    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so extremely jealous of you! This collection looks amazing and the packaging is a dream! xx

    lotsofloveliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Cinderella make-up set is so gorgeous. I think that my favorite part of the whole set would probably have to be the lipsticks (although I'd have to buy the entire set either way). Thanks for sharing XO

    ReplyDelete