Sunday 10 May 2015

April Favourites

April is over and again, I cannot believe how fast it flew by. It finally bought us a slight bit of warmer weather in the UK, meaning more of the S/S products could resurface. I only have a few to tell you about today but all of which are firm favourites in my collection. 

So first up is the Soap & Glory Lid Stuff palette (£10) in What's Nude. The look of this palette reminds me a lot of the MAC Pro Palette Quad's and the shadows contained are almost at an equal quality for MAC shadows, also. The palette contains 4 shades: Vanilla, Pink T, Mudhoney and Aubersheen, three of which are mattes and one slight iridescent shade. If you are after a neutral palette on a budget, I would seriously recommend this one. The formula is very buttery and reminds me a lot of the Urban Decay shadows. The pigmentation is very decent and are easily build-able. I love how easily each shadow blends and is everything you could require for an all matte eye with an added iridescent pop. 

Next up is a product a lot of you will recognise as it's very much talked about in the beauty world. The MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle (£23) is one of my most favourite highlighters, if not my absolute favourite. It has a subtle champagne-gold hue with a slight peachy twist that looks beautiful dusted on the cheeks no matter your skin tone. There is a stream of glitter running through the baked powder but that really is incredibly subtle once applied to the skin so don't let that put you off. If you love to add a bit of something special to your makeup, I would seriously suggest picking this up! 

Some of you may have seen my recent post all about my favourite fragrances for S/S. If you have then you will already be familiar with the Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess fragrance that is an absolute staple for the warmer months. I won't go on too much about this as you can already read about my opinion on this product in both my fragrance post and the product review here but seriously, the scent is addictive and it's limited edition. Can it get any better? 

Next is another product that I have recently written a review on. The Benefit Roller Lash is the next big thing that has taken the beauty world by storm. Everybody has tried it and the majority have loved it. I find it perfect for both lengthening and separation with the added bonus of good volume. The only slight downside I have discovered after weeks of wearing it is that it doesn't hold a curl as well as some of my other mascaras but that's nothing a good set of curlers can't fix. 

Finally, is a firm staple in my collection and a product I would go as far as saying that is holds a holy grail status in my opinion. The Balm Schwing Eyeliner has an ultra fine nib that is excellent for precise eyeliner application. The colour pay off is excellent with a blacker than black finish that last all day. The liquid formula is easy to remove so is perfect for any liner newbies who need a little bit of working time when trying to perfect a winged liner look. I seriously cannot get enough of this liner and only wished I have discovered it sooner. I'm currently working through my second one and am already planning a repurchase. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this post!
Please let me know in the comments some of your favourite products from the month of April!

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to try the benefit mascara :) Still didn't do until now, what a shame! :D

    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the MAC Skinfinish it sounds amazing x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete